View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 11:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What you have said makes absolute perfect sense and you even mentioned things that I did not mention. I am almost in tears. I am so frightened. It is a relief to read/hear something that makes sense, because this has been a nightmare and has only worsened no matter what I do, how much money I spend, etc.

I agree, I have to get another CBC. Only the right side of my mouth hurts.

Tooth 31 actually had a crack in it. I did not know this. The endodontist continued with the RC even though that was the situation. Perhaps it was too late, I don't know.

The original dentist filed my top tooth above 31 like crazy and it is now a small, pathetic, odd shaped tooth that gets dirty very easily.
AND the tooth next to it (on top) is cracked. This seems to be a new situation.

The new dentist, did a panoramic xray of my mouth/sinuses before doing the extraction and the graft. I have not had this type of scan since the fevers.

During all of this, I had gotten some second opinions. ONe dentist, who I didn't stay with because she had old time equipment...no digital stuff...did mention problems with my bite. I also think there are problems with the original dentist's lab...so it is likely a double whammy.

After the fevers, I insisted that the new dentist check my top tooth and tooth 30 for any problems. He used a hand held device to get a picture. He said they were fine. No one else checked #30, and he only did after I insisted. I'm not sure if taking a picture w/ the hand held device was sufficient. ????

I believe now, I likely have to remove the graft and possibly #30. BTW, #30 has four canals in it and the prodecure was done years ago. It is my only rc tooth right now.

However, here are some questions:
1. If I am putting a lot of pressure on the area, what will happen to this part of my mouth/face if I remove #30????
2. I do NOT think I want implants. Can I get some sort of partial immediately?
3. Should my next move be to see an Oral Surgeon? Another type of professional like a periodontist????
4. I live in *. I will see anyone in the South part of the country if you think there is a highly trained, expert/professional with an excellent reputation who might be able to help me.
5. Is removing the graft dangerous? Is it likely to be of some help at this point?
Please advise as soon as you can. I am deeply concerned.
Thank you.

Last edited by Jomar; 09-20-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: OP req
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote