View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 12:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
LFAC

I am a little confused. REM sleep disorder is not the same as PD insomnia, or am I wrong? If anything, most PWP are likely to be more paralytic over night while in REM SD it is the opposite. The brain thinks you are awake when dreaming and sends messages to muscles to get moving. This results in people with the disorder being potentially harmful to themselves and others as they remain fast asleep yet hit, kick or push at full strength. Is this what you have happening?

If you are having more typical PD insomnia just waking up a lot, there are brain entrainmeent recordings which help regulate the amount of time you spend in the stages of sleep. A lot of these can be purchased as MP3 downloads on the Internet.

As for supplements, I think Mrs. D recommended the Serotonin precursor Tryptophan and L-Theanine in a thread we had on the role of Seratonin in sleep. I think it was 500 mg of Tryptophan.

Hope this helps.
Could you give me some more information on the brain entrainment recordings? I'm getting a little desperate for sleep these days and I think I've tried everything else.
wendy s is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote