View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 01:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default probably both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
LFAC

I am a little confused. REM sleep disorder is not the same as PD insomnia, or am I wrong? If anything, most PWP are likely to be more paralytic over night while in REM SD it is the opposite. The brain thinks you are awake when dreaming and sends messages to muscles to get moving. This results in people with the disorder being potentially harmful to themselves and others as they remain fast asleep yet hit, kick or push at full strength. Is this what you have happening?

If you are having more typical PD insomnia just waking up a lot, there are brain entrainmeent recordings which help regulate the amount of time you spend in the stages of sleep. A lot of these can be purchased as MP3 downloads on the Internet.

As for supplements, I think Mrs. D recommended the Serotonin precursor Tryptophan and L-Theanine in a thread we had on the role of Seratonin in sleep. I think it was 500 mg of Tryptophan.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, although, I think we might be dealing with both. And unfortunately, we have tried a LOT of supplements for sleep issues, including the ones you mentioned....we've even done the sublingual melatonin, subligual 5-HTP, and liposomal GABA. This just reinforces to me again how different we really are, but at the same time, how we all desperately need decent sleep. One thing works for one person, not for another, or in a different way.

I was surprised to see that Whole Foods did not carry glycine, although the clerk had heard of it. I had to go to a compounding pharmacy to find it, and the clerk there told me they currently sell it to a family with a child with MS and another with epilepsy. So we'll see, I'm hoping we see some improvement.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote