View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Beckel

Got you on that one, I am the worlds worst patient! Recovery is real individual. Truthfully it took me a year, to feel more like myself and not scared half to death with every movement. I have a bit of left over pain from below my surgerical site at T1-2-3. I am careful. Mine is due to degerative joint and disk disease. The surgery was rough as I reversed the curve of my spine. Yours may not need as much healing time as I did. I do recommend that PT just as soon as your neuro surgeon says OK. This PT though I was scared, really did more to get me on track than anything else. Aches and pains still happen, but NO neruo pain in the arms and hands. I am post 2 years now, doing just fine. You will too in time, just give yourself plenty of TLC in these early weeks. There are also GEL foam incline pillows that are NOT hard as a rock. A local medical supply place may carry them. If not I have the name of a magazine for med. supplies that does. I go back and forth between a regular pillow, and the incline one now. Glad you did get some medication from the Doc. That should help alot. I think the muscles are all upset with the intrusion, and contract causing more pain than necessary. Take the meds. and be good to yourself. You will be just fine, and in a better place. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote