View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 03:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Ladies...finally got my PM's thanks for those...

The ataxia website will be a great resource for me. She is in PA; I'm in Houston, so I don't get to see her, but I talk to her on the phone. She gets tired very easily and that shows mostly in her speech. She is getting on at the Manor and we (my sisters and brothers) have actually (we think, hope, and pray, ) that we have convinced our Mom to go there too. She suffers with post polio syndrome, which doctors don't really know about - they just say we cured that in the 50's. but we all know it is still around. She just had a pacemaker put in last week, but really no different. She turned 86 in the hospital and they treated her special. So she was happy. This will be very difficult for her as she has lived in the same apt. for over 50 years , but I try and help her understand - she has the memories; she can take them with her. Her sight is bad and she feels that she can feel her way around there, but in assisted living, someone would be there if she fell.

Sorry to have gone on...never know whent I'm going to do that. Was going to put a pic of Pat, but it didnt' work. Thank you for your concern, your knowledge and your caring enough to share what you know.

Gratefully,
Cathy
Cathy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote