View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Minaparto,

Did the dentist take an xray of that area at your last visit? Sometimes it's a little difficult to get an xray back there, but it can be done. The xray is called a periapical xray and it will show how the bone is healing and if there are any bony fragments remaining in that area from the extraction.

Just visually looking at the gum does not always tell what is going on if the problem is way under the gum and/or in the bone.

No, I would not wait to get this xray ... 6 months is long enough for that area to be healed enough so there is no discomfort. If the xray comes up negative, then the tooth in front of the extraction, tooth #2, should be checked for decay or even gum recession on the back of portion which could cause a sore or tender feeling as you have described it.

Let us know how you're doing...
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minaparto View Post
Hi, I am 28 , I had all my wisdom teeth (which were all fully erupted) extracted 6 months ago, 3 of them have healed painless and smoothly but at the right upper extraction site gum I still feel soreness and uncomfortable 24/7 from the time i wake up until i go to sleep ( i dont have any problem during sleeping). There is NO redness and NO swelling ,NO bleeding and nothing except slight tenderness when I rub my upper right palate gum with my tongue or when food touches the area. Even my regular dentist checked the extraction site twice and said that my gum has healed perfectly. So I am so frustrated since everything seems fine but I feel sore and uncomfortable at that site. Do you think there is any problem with bone healing or there are some bone particles left, even though 6 months has passed and I don't have any swelling or any bump at extraction site ?Do you think I should wait more and give it more time ? by the way I don't have any sinus problem.
I am also scared of atypical neuralgia and chronic osteomyelitis, can they have the same symptom ( gum soreness with no throbbing pain or swelling).
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote