Thread: Suicide?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 09:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Suicide?

I really don't know what to do anymore. I've tried everything to make myself feel better. Everything that has been suggested on this forum, I've tried, and nothing seems to work. Instead, I get worse and worse everyday and now it's unbearable.

I can't explain the way I feel...I'm just foggy and my personality keeps changing. When I try to engage in conversation, I'm just blank and don't know what to say. I used to be able to break through every now and then, but now I'm **** up 24/7. I'm not even able to drink fluids cuz it throws my brain for a loop. How does that even make sense? Sleep doesn't help anymore, in fact, it makes me feel worse. My personality and communication has changed so much...and it gets worse by the day. I'm saying inappropriate stuff that doesn't make sense...and people laugh at me. Nobody understands what I'm going through. My mom tells me "You think you're declining but you're really not. You don't seem any different than you were before". My reaction time is getting slower by the day. My memory has gotten so bad, that I could barely remember what happened yesterday.

When my son gets older, if I'm not a vegetable by then, how am I supposed to teach him anything if my brain is so **** up? I can't even remember anything from when he was first born. My girlfriend has to remind me about cute things he used to do...and then I'm like "Oh yeah...", even though I don't remember much of it.

I can't stand to live like this anymore...but I don't want to miss out on my son growing up. I want him to have his father around.

Just got my backpay for Social Security. I can't even enjoy having money in my pocket because "MONEY CAN'T BUY A NEW BRAIN". I'm supposed to be moving out of state soon, to start a new life with my family...but I'm so bummed out by this crap.

I slept the entire day away and still can't function...I just wanna die.
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.

Last edited by Koala77; 09-17-2012 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Language guidelines
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote