View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Frustrating situations

In Indiana, we have a really bad situation were our families with maniac or depressed children. Can't get their children admitted to hospitals for long term (more than 1 or 2 week's of treatment) treatment. So they can get better. I have no idea were to send these parents anymore. We have tried just about everything I know of.

1. Parent has tried everything in home/byself.
2. Parent has child in counseling outside the home.
3. Child receives services at school.
4. When child goes to maniac or gets to point were is hurting other children in home. Mom will call police. Last call, police came told mom there was nothing they could do. That she should spank said child, it was what he wanted. And worse things.
5. If they should happen to take child to hospital, the hospital will release child back to parent within one to two hours. Stating there is nothing they can do.

Everyone has tried calling around for help. We have checked with Nami, they do not know of any help either. This is not the first case I've had of this. Its going on all over Indiana.

If this parent were to call CPS, they might decide to take all the kids in the family. Its one of the reasons for not calling to see if they can help. There are others.

Donna
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (09-21-2012), Mari (09-17-2012), mymorgy (09-17-2012), waves (09-17-2012)