View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpboy View Post
I noticed in the other gou teng thread, people here really didn't react on the thread. In this one, nobody seems to react either. Not that people have to react, but as nobody reacts I get the feeling people here are very sceptical about gou teng. However, my personal point of view is that this is the best thing available that you can buy over the shelves and try on your own. This is an agent that was already tested on 115 PD patients and seemed to be succesfull. Other independent studies with 1 and 3 patients also showed the same benefits. On cultures and fruit flies it was discovered that a substance in gou teng clears the supposed protein causing PD. I am really considering this agent but the low response of everyone here on gou teng scares me a bit for doing that.
"Early this year, 115 people with Parkinson's were given a combination of traditional Chinese medical herbs, including gou teng, or a placebo for 13 weeks. At the end of the study, volunteers who had taken the herbs slept better and had more fluent speech than those taking the placebo.

Gou teng appears to stabilise symptoms, says Li Min, a traditional Chinese doctor at Hong Kong Baptist University. Now, Li and her colleagues have figured out how it might work."

just because you read something on the internet doesn't make it true. i am very skeptical of any research from an unknown chinese researcher.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote