View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 12:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default small calcified lesion on brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--is why so many rheumatologists seem to dismiss the neurological components of Sjogren's, which can include peripheral neuropathy, neuronopathy or ganglioneuropathy (cell damage or death in the dorsal root ganglia, which can certainly lead to sensory burning), and even in some cases white matter central nervous system lesions. There are also certainly reports of autonomic dysfunction, likely related to small-fiber damage--and even myopathy.

It's not as if these manifestations haven't been documented--and apparently this person at Hopkins is aware of them--but too many rheumies seem to look at Sjogren's as only a disruption of fluid producing organs--a solely xerothomic disorder.
Hello i was diagnosed recently with sjogrens syndrome. I have had ongoing neurolgical issues from my spinal cord.4 years a go an intramedullary cystic lesion at c5 c6. last mri showed it grew for some reason to 8mm. time for a new MRI as 8 months have passed. But i want to go to john hopkins. ive had enough of the run around. In addition i also has an incidental fiding of a tiny calcified lesion. However 6 months later on a cat scan i just had due to severe face and head pain that is being reported double the size and with suggestion MRI follow up. HOW can i get in to see dr. julious burnboum asap. Thank you to anyone that can assist me. .....
Lindaotr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote