View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 01:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dr. here in Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreck View Post
I am open to questions about the PNS or Pain pump. My PNS units all failed over the years for various reasons. I've had different manufactures for them. Medtronics being the most common. My pain pump is Medtronics and after 4 months it's working well except where the catheter moves in my spinal cord space and hurts at times. Well worth the discomfort for a 7 on the pain scale. The doc in CO at the University is only working on military personnel and is now down in Co Springs. The University won't touch PNS or SCS now and neither will that doc's old practice. They are parceling us out to other states for now. The rate of success isn't high enough to offset the cost they have said. I don't regret any of mine while they were working-they brought some relief for a few months each.
Hi,
I would assume you live in Denver since you mentioned the Univ. and the doctor that does the stim. I am aware of him and I know that he does not see patients any longer.
I received my stim in Aug. 2010. I have had real success with mine. I have it in all three branches. It has never been worked on since. I have had the rep from St, Jude's in the beginning work with my settings. The doctor that
did mine is in Denver and he is great and very experienced. He has done seminars in other states to teach docs his method. So many docs will say that it can't be done for V3 as the lead would break due to chewing, talking, and yawning. This is untrue. My doc has a method that works. If you would like his name please email me and we can talk. It is calewark@me.com
Cheryl
calewark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote