View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 01:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sjogren's Center

Hello and welcome.

You're posting on a very old thread, so you may not get replies from the ones starting or participating in it.

I also have Sjogren's with neurological complications and it just so happens that Dr. Julius Birnbaum is my physician. Your best bet would be to read through the attached link about getting into the Sjogren's Center at Hopkins. It's a lengthy and detailed process to be accepted so follow the direction carefully. Contact Caitlin at the number listed (410-550-1887) and have her help you get started. You'll need to fax all your pertinent records and referral from your doctor for review and approval. Make sure to include the actual lip biopsy slides not just the report as Hopkins will have it re-read. Same goes for MRI's, CT's, skin biopsy (if you've had one) etc...send copies of the CD's/slides not just reports.

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/rheum...ns-center.html

It can take several months to get an appt...especially with Dr. Birnbaum. It requires some patience, but hopefully you can get in before the end of the year.

You know, treatment of neurological manifestations of Sjogren's can be extremely difficult...and in many cases there is no effective treatment. There has been some positive results with IVIG but it all depends on the type/extent of damage. I think you're wise to seek out the Sjogren's Center for help. Gook luck and keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaotr View Post
Hello i was diagnosed recently with sjogrens syndrome. I have had ongoing neurolgical issues from my spinal cord.4 years a go an intramedullary cystic lesion at c5 c6. last mri showed it grew for some reason to 8mm. time for a new MRI as 8 months have passed. But i want to go to john hopkins. ive had enough of the run around. In addition i also has an incidental fiding of a tiny calcified lesion. However 6 months later on a cat scan i just had due to severe face and head pain that is being reported double the size and with suggestion MRI follow up. HOW can i get in to see dr. julious burnboum asap. Thank you to anyone that can assist me. .....
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lawbird (09-19-2012)