Thread: Z-Coil Shoes
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

While Z-coil shoes may be helpful for reducing IMPACT wear on the feet, and hence the legs/knees/hips/back...there is little mention about them for PN pain.

Here is a link explaining the types of accidents you can have wearing them:
http://reviews.ebay.com/Z-Coil-Shoes...00000007020341

Many people with PN have various forms of nerve damage in the feet. Some of this may affect proprioception and balance. So these shoes may not be recommended for them.

Also the personal fittings may not be available to all, since the numbers of stores are scattered only in populous areas.

I certainly could turn an ankle easily from the looks of them.
The Gravity Defyer did not help my feet much, in fact my feet hurt more with them, but I can walk more easily and my knees and back feel better. I won't be getting another pair, therefore.

The fellow I know had the heel enclosed Z-coil and that one is much more expensive.
His looked like this one, but he didn't tell us the NAME of the maker, and for all I know it was something else entirely.
https://shoes.zcoil.com/StyleDetails.aspx?style=29

Z-coils do not come in widths either, or 1/2 sizes.

So while they are perhaps good for some, they may not be appropriate for those with balance/stability issues, extra wide feet, or other problems with the foot. Best to check with your podiatrist before embarking on them.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Susanne C. (09-17-2012)