Old 09-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
that is a good point. I use Dr. Scholl's inserts too. The heavy duty gel ones. They clean up with alcohol well, since I don't wear socks much anymore. But then my feet don't sweat either with the PN.

I did that machine and bought the Orthotic (with a $10.00 rebate) but they didn't work at all for me. In fact made my hips hurt when I walked long distances.

The last Dr. Scholl's insert I bought had a live spider running around in it! I didn't see the critter when I bought it, but I set it down getting ready to open the package and it scurried along the inner edge! I called them and they said DON'T OPEN IT, and return it, which I did. Probably got in during storage, thru that open part in the heel...the testing spot to squeeze. So check your packages carefully when buying insoles! LOL
Tried that Dr. Scholl's machine deal. It didn't work at all. I returned them. When you think about it, of course they wouldn't work depending on the person. Your feet are not the same and so a set did not work for me as each foot is different. One may for one foot but the other is different. I think you get my drift.

My husband tried them and they seemed to work for him for awhile and then they did not. If an insert is custom made for each foot, then that should work.

I used Dr. Scholl's gel inserts for quite sometime but then they no longer worked. Now I have AFO's and so it is another story. Just the way things worked - and did not work - for me over the years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (09-18-2012)