View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Two negative sfn skin biopsy

Hello, I have had burning, tingling, stabbing shooting pains in hands and feet for over ten years. It has, at times, gone into remission or was mild. In 2009 had EMG, nerve conduction and skin biopsy..all normal. Symptoms came back strong this July. Rhemo, pain doctor and neuro all said symptoms of small fiber so I had another skin biopsy. Came back negative so neuro (a new one) said I don't have neuropathy and told me to go to the Mayo clinic (which denied me last go around with this). My hands and feet are getting increasining numb. neuro confirmed that my vibration was decreased. Tips of fingers and heals cannot detect hot or cold.
My question is...I'm on Cymbalta, neurontin and 150 MG prednisone 1 week for four weeks. Can the medications alter the testing results? Particulary wondering about past EMGs and nerve conduction. one said totally normal, one said radiculapathy. Was on meds during that time also.
PS offical diag. Undifferentiated Tissue Disease (last ten years) ANA only blood test to come out high. ten years ago complements also came out low..
Any input would be appreciated.
bernadettemarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote