View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 06:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
By law, we are entitled to ALL of our medical records. If they say there is 30 or 40 pages, demand them. Offer to pay for it if you have to. What they are doing to you is not legal. Also the floroscope is usually coppied to disk, so I think you are getting a whopper. I have gone to a lawyer over this stuff. Threaten if you have to, but you deserve to have all your records, and that the records do indeed reflect what you went through. If there is a descripancy, in the records, seek the hospital administrator and ask why the truth of this matter was not recorded in the records. I am so sorry you have to go through all this. I wish I could help more. I am such a stubborn person, that I ususally will follow through with an issue and get results. Your records are yours, and they have no right to keep any portion of them. ginnie

thanks ginnie, I told them I would pay for them and they have been giving me a hard time, I originally filled out a form to have them emailed to me, b/c they said they can not hand me my own records even if I show ID, they said they could either fax to my dr, which is free or I could fill out a form and have then either mailed or emailed but I would have to pay per page, I told them I wanted them emailed and I would pay per page so I filled out the form and they gave me the number to the copying company, I called them a couple days later and they told me they could not email and I didnt have my mailing address in the spot to send them so i had to go back to the hospital and request them again, which I did and I said just fax them to my dr, the entire record and they said they could fax the entire thing, so thats what I got, 17 pages, Im going to have to go back tomorrow and now wait another 2 weeks to get the rest, but while I was there she did tell me there was no imgaing record, bc I specifically asked for that... this is just getting so frustrating, Im just trying to find out what happened to me... My new dr even told me usually when a mistake is made the doc tells you and tries to help fix the problem he caused, he said when drs do what my old dr did and shun the patient after a mistake thats when they get sued... Also considering when I first met with this surgeon that did the injection I did ask him what % of disability I had and told him my lawyer wanted to know for my lawsuit with the ins. company of the driver that hit me, and right when I said lawyer he got very nasty with me and said if your lawyer wants that he needs to follow protocol and send me a request via fax or mail, and I said ok well Ide like to know for my own knowledge as well and he said tell your lawyer to follow protocol and send me something then, he was just very nasty and that was my first meeting with him, I was seeing a dif dr in the practice for months before that but he doesnt do procedures anymore so told me to schedule with him to get a surgical eval...my worst mistake!
hmarie18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote