View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

John,

Antibiotics should not be used without a proper diagnosis. You could have a muscular problem which would not require antibiotics. Clindamycin can cause major intestinal upset, so it should not be taken without just cause. FYI, taking a probiotic supplement daily would be helpful in preventing or minimizing that upset.

A dentist should be able to distinguish between an infection and a muscular issue. If you were to go to the ER of a hospital that had a dental department, the dentist on call would take an xray of the area to see if anything showed up that way. He would also ask you a series of questions and perform a few muscular tests. If you feel your situation is getting worse and you feel you should not wait.... then go to the ER. Only you can determine that.... wish I could be of more help to you :/

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by NervousMess View Post
I tried today and over the weekend to get someone to see if I've an infection, no luck whatsoever. I've been prescribed, from 500 miles away, 300 MG Clindamycin 4X(!) a day, and given that I've a rather sensitive digestion I'm not eager to take it. Anyhow, I've no idea how to verify if I've an actual infection or not - no doctor will see me any time soon, saying that I've a dental problem and a dental prescription, and there's no dentist or Oral Surgeon that has time in their schedule to see me to make a clear diagnosis. Also, I'm not entirely sure a dentist is even qualified to determine such things.

Would going to the ER help at all?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-18-2012), NervousMess (09-18-2012)