View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'll see if I can help here:

You have a curvature of the lumbar spine, centered at the L2 level. The rest of the spine looks ok.

You have anterior (front) bone spurs from L1 thru L5 with narrowing of the L4-5, L5-S1, and L1-2 disc spaces. I'm assuming that this is caused by degenerative disc disease which we ALL get -- it's just that some of us get it sooner than others. Degenerative disc disease is just drying out of the discs. When they dry out, they flatten, and that causes them to bulge out, and sometimes herniate. But in your case (and all cases) it makes the vertebra "drop down" closer together, making less disc space.

It's normal that the surgical clips were seen in the MRI. Mine were seen too.

So from the looks of this MRI, it's pretty darn good! I wish I had as good a one. Mine is a mess! LOL What symptoms do you have? Do you have pain or numbness or anything?

If you have further questions, let me know. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote