View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 01:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hello, i was diagnsed with hydrocephalus at the begnning of this year (2012) at age 19. it was caused by a benign brain tumour n the pineal gland. this caused alot of different systoms for me. ill attempt to list them but i may forget to include a few (funnily enough memory is one of them!). dizzyness and headaches which seem pretty common, my periods stopped 3 years ago after a very delayed start, poor balance, incontinence (this has got to be one of my least favourite symptoms), poor concentration, lack of focus, awkward movement. i remember once when i was walking to work i had forgotten how to use my legs to walk! i had to sit down for 20 minutes to stragetize how i would get to work on time. my speech often did not flow well and i would forget what i was saying.
i could go on but i wont bore you!

im currently studying very much part-time however im finding studying unbearable 1.because i cannot complete tasks in the required time frames and 2. ive developed depression from the shock of it all! These 2 sysmmptoms are really the only ones remaining apart from light sensitivity, dizzyness and insomnia occasionally however theyre enough to impact my life greatly.

i dont know how to move on and make peace with myself when these symptoms are ongoing. i used to be so capable and now i am constantly pushed down
mellonellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote