View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 08:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lifting and my current status

So I also was in your spot and just wanted to get back to normalcy and start exorcising again. Running and lifting actually made my symptoms feel better for whatever reason (bloodflow, optimism, who knows). My advice to you is avoid lifts that require heavy breathing such as squatting and even benching. You can eventually work up to that when you are feeling comfortable, I was able to with no problems.

Back to my situation, I recently visited with a neurologist who told me no sports for now but that the eventual decision to stop completely will be on me. I HATE that, I personally have to be responsible to say I quit. No one quite understands what I have gone through and it will appear to them as if I just gave up, when in reality I have been fighting through severe headaches for 13 months and counting just to give myself a chance to come back. I honestly wish the doctor would just tell me I cannot play.

On a sidenote, she prescribed me with depakote. It has me scared. I tried to take it awhile ago and I did not like it. I feel as if it messes with my emotions. I am a very reserved and tough person mentally. But with my short term expieriance with depakote I feel way more emotional then I usually do and even anxious. Does anybody know about this drug that can tell me more?

Even though Its a bad situation with taking heavy drugs, Id rather take them then feel how I have been feeling. Thank you for any responses
Dallasstar1213 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote