View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 10:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The condition is getting worse, am trying to get an appointment somewhere today. Am also taking acidophilus and eating a lot of yogurt in the event I require clindamycin. Is there a brand (of yogurt) that you'd recommend?

Anyhow, thanks very much again for your help, all this is a bit confusing and I feel a lot of rather conflicting concerns all at play at once. Whee.

Sincerely,

- John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
John,

Antibiotics should not be used without a proper diagnosis. You could have a muscular problem which would not require antibiotics. Clindamycin can cause major intestinal upset, so it should not be taken without just cause. FYI, taking a probiotic supplement daily would be helpful in preventing or minimizing that upset.

A dentist should be able to distinguish between an infection and a muscular issue. If you were to go to the ER of a hospital that had a dental department, the dentist on call would take an xray of the area to see if anything showed up that way. He would also ask you a series of questions and perform a few muscular tests. If you feel your situation is getting worse and you feel you should not wait.... then go to the ER. Only you can determine that.... wish I could be of more help to you :/

Bryanna
NervousMess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-18-2012)