Thread: c5 c6 problems
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 12:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Mae View Post
Hi

I have herniated discs at several levels but my C5-C6 bulge was the worst. I had ACDF last December to attempt to resolve the issue. It got rid of the pins and needles sensation and numbness but brought on other problems. To answer your question about the symptoms, I had complete numbness in the first dorsal compartment of my left hand (over the thumb area) and burning pain radiating from my neck, into my shoulder and down my arm. When the worst of it came o on I could not feel my left thumb at all. I also had muscle spasms in my upper traps. My left side was much weaker than my right side. If I were you, I would get more than one medical opinion before proceeding with anything. I think surgery is a last resort when you have tried all other non-invasive options like physical therapy, chiropractic, acupuncture, and steroid injections. Good luck to you and I really hope that you find relief soon!
those are the same exact things I have to .word for word.and I get those nerve block shots and they gave me "gabapetin400mg".(but they also found that I have "fibro","Tear",disc 4 is craked,and disc7).my left shoulder bother me to were the pain would shoot down to.so they did surgery on that to.but any way.after almost 2to 4yrs.still suffer with it.its difficult to treat this.it took me out of work permently(SSDI).don't know why its always the left side.i don't know about you but now I keep a "pain diary"so next time I go to my Dr.for my visit.i can let him know .its to much to recall each day "how I felt"
don1956 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (10-15-2012), Gracemary (10-11-2012)