View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 12:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I have had way too many concussions

So in my younger years I did not treat my body so well and after 15 years of football and 8 years of wrestling... I have racked up too many concussions to count. Most of them small and I would still continue to finish a game or wrestling match with them and bear with the headache and pain the next day. Not to mention the other major concussions on fourwheelers and trampoline and just growing up with 4 brothers... I am now 22 and have completed college..

I am married.. I am successful, but my worry is.. How much damage have I really done? I fear a day will come when I wake up and remember nothing! I am smart now and have a better memory than most and can do more math in my head than most, but I have heard from many people that their dad, or grandpa, or uncle, whatever.. has also lived a similar life to me and now either have extreme dementia or have dead from dementia.. my question is.. after loosing count at 10 concussions... do I have a great risk of going mad one day? Waking up not knowing anyone anymore? Dementia scares the crap out of me... what can I do to help take away the risk of dementia?