View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Lightbulb Nice to know I'm not losing it either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple pal View Post
Has anyone found a correlation between their ADD/ADHD symptoms and where you are in your cycle? For me, it seems like the medication doesn't work as well right before my period starts. Thoughts? Experiences? Insight?

purple pal
Wow!!!, Have been meaning to look up AD/HD and hormones for 6 monthes now and finally took the time. Having same problem around menstral cycle so much so my 8yr old daughter said "Mom u need to start taking ur meds again", of coures my husband noticed too, and since we are working on our marraige, staying focused is a BIG issue. My psychiatrist had not heard of this when I mention it...will be printing all post. Talked to one of my gyno doctors, i cut his hair, and he said you can take certain birthcontrol pills and not have a cycle and they have one that is low enough in est/proges, that its safe to take for long term, through menapause even. I'm 43 and want to learn about all my optitions and which will work the best. I'll text and find out which pill he was talking about so you can do your own research. Thanks to all who' ve shared over the years. anything new any of you have found out I would love to hear about.