View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 01:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was dx'ed with RSD in my left wrist/hand 6 years ago. Thankfully, I had had a hysterectomy a couple months before my wrist injury, but a year ago I had to have the remaining ovary removed. My OB/GYN and I discussed the possibility of surgery causing an RSD spread, but decided it was necessary. Sadly, my fears of spread were confirmed, though I was in denial until a few months ago...kept trying to convince myself it was just normal post-surgery sensitivity. But I knew it wasn't since it was the same burning, sandpaper-across-a-sunburn scraping that's in my hand.

But, even though mine spread, I know the surgery was necessary. If you really need that surgery (and it sounds like you REALLY do), then you probably should have it. The RSD may not go there, but if you don't take care of the other stuff you're still going to be in pain and possibly causing more problems. Not telling you what to do, but just saying if it were me I would most likely have the surgery and pray for strength no matter the outcome.
PhyllisJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vrae (09-19-2012)