View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default alveoloplasty plus extracting 7 teeth, questions

Hi Bryanna,

I went to the oral surgeon and we talked about a top denture and he mentioned doing alveoloplasty, with the other four teeth I need extracted. Then after we agreed that would be the way to go he dropped doing the 3 tooth extraction for today, my new appt is November 6th. I'll be going under general anesthesia. Kinda scary, but I will be fine I think. It's just that I want to know, this usually involves taking away tissue right? They aren't going to try to involve the hard pallette at the top of my mouth are they? I meant to ask, but it slipped my mind.

Is alveoloplasty something that will help my dentures fit better? Medicaid only covers one set for my lifetime, and I am thinking of getting care credit to cover the second ones sometime later. I was told Medicare and Medicaid will cover this surgery. I know there's going to be a lot of healing involved. but Is this probably the best way to go about this? I am going to have to travel to get impressions made for the denture. Is it preferable in terms of suffering vs good done from it, that this is all done at once? I was totally ready to lose three teeth today....But when we went to talk about my future, with dentures, this was brought up as was being under to extract the seven remaining teeth and shave the bone down.

Thanks for your advice on this Bryanna, I really appreciate it.

Pamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote