View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 07:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default The self diagnosis continues

OK, the road to self-diagnosis continues. Why not see a doctor? What a clever concept. I must do that some time. It’s not that I am fishing for an LP here. I think I just want them to say it’s what I have to give me an answer to why I feel like this.

It’s just I ache all the time, my back hurts, I feel weaker, always have a headache, am always sad, the heat makes me dormant. What causes all this? It can’t be stroke/aneurysm residual. Oh, a new wrinkle. I’ve had diplopia on the extreme right side since my craniotomy. But while at the Challenge center the other day I was doing a set of exercise that has me on all 4’s and lifting opposing limbs (left arm, right leg.) The other day I was told to lift my head so I am looking forward and not down. Guess what? Diplopia.

If you read my post on freshmanitis it will tell you more. I just have some questions:
1) How are you during the recent heat?

2) Do you have a hand or foot suddenly go numb? (new thing as of yesterday)

3) Do you fall at all? (actually it’s more of an overbalance when I stoop to pick up the dog’s bowls. Or pull up my pants.)

4) Do you lose your temper/patience at the drop of a hat? (of course I was never famous for suffering fools lightly)

5) Do you have trouble standing for lengthy periods of time? ( I mean more than a minute or so. When I work in the kitchen I roll the desk chair over so I can sit and work.