Thread: Vans......
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 06:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Vans......

Heya

Well - tomorroy (today) is VAN DAY!!!!!

I'm really excited about the freedom this should give me! It will mean that I can go out in my electric wheelchair independently!! I can't transfer using boards or belts without someone lifting me and so for the last year or so I haven't been able to drive on my own without someone to lift me in and out of the car.. (lucky I'm light-ish I suppose). Also, the car adaptions I currently have on my car aren't brilliant for me nowadays - they are ok, but I want to consider a couple of other adaptions like a peg stick for steering. Even though I only drive for about 15 minutes being able to do that on my own will make such a big difference, I will be able to do things whilst I am at home that normally I couldn't unless I had driving carers/ mum/ friends that were insured on my car.

It's scary - getting the van does make me feel that I am "acknowledging" what is wrong with me and that it's unlikely that there is going to be a magic cure out there for me.... However even though I only drive for about 15 minutes being able to do that on my own will make such a big difference, I will be able to do things whilst I am at home that normally I couldn't unless I had driving carers/ mum/ friends that were insured on my car. Also, being able to travel in my electric wheelchair will make a HUGE difference as well!! (as it tilts/ reclines/ leg rests rise all electronically it means if I am a passenger I will be able to lie almost flat.

http://www.automobilityconcepts.com/...ts/paravan.php

Froggsy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by frogga; 04-24-2007 at 07:15 PM. Reason: didnt make sense!!! ooopss....
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote