View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Yep....

Nevada Barr.... all of her books are interesting.. you will be hooked for sure!
They take place in National Park settings, and include animals, and scenery and all. Because Ms.Barr is a ranger in real life, the books have a real point of view.

My husband and I have read all of them thru the years!

OmegaBrite is concentrated for the EPA portion -- I believe it is 4:1 EPA: DHA.
It was made by Dr. A. Stoll's wife -she owned the company and perhaps still does-- and since he is with Harvard, I am not surprised about their using it. It was used in his first bipolar study long ago.

Studies tend to want a "reliable" product to use. Reproducible etc.

There is an RX fish oil... called Omacor-- which is not really fancy...has the basic ratios of 1:1 or close. It is not even enteric coated.

The newer less expensive enteric coated versions are what we are using now.
They cost no more than regular ones, and are typically double strength, so you get more in each capsule. Sam'sClub and Costco both have them now.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote