View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 01:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

isn't there a standardized mucuna product already manufactured in india? has a number in the name?
initially i'd think i wouldn't want to depend on the vagaries of nature - drought, duisease, etc. wiping out my l-dopa supply and the current drought should be a lesson, some farmers even had their irrigation water cut off as water supplies dried up but i guess suppliers could stockpile product but personally, if there are other chemicals in mucana that are beneficial, i'd rather discover them and ultimately synthesize them rather than depend on an agricultural product. i'm sure they can come up with a standardized product - millers have to blend many flours to produce the same product year after year, same with whiskey makers, tobacco, marijuana might be the model, synthetic THC isn't as affective as smoking the whole plant.

wonder when they will test on humans, i doubt there is much danger in giving the mucana product to a human with advanced pd, they'd know in a day if it had the same affect as in monkeys and if there were any serious side affects. puking your guts but no dyskinesia might not be an ideal treatment.

still, if their product is a simple water extract, what company would make the investment to develop a product when it could be easily copied? we'd be talking about as many mfg;s as there are for vit-c, i guess that's not bad.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote