Thread: Ivig
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 11:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Thank you for the update.

We have had some people here on IVIG... but not many.

If you search "IVIG" in our search engine those posts will be listed. If you do the search on the PN forum, the search will confine to that forum only. The search bar is on the upper right of the first page.

Improvement is good. Sometimes it takes a while. Go slowly on your exercise until you feel stronger, to protect yourself from falls. You can try some isometrics in bed. I learned this in physical therapy and it helps strengthen muscles and stretch with minimal risk.
One was a modified "walking" in bed. Lying flat flex the leg so your heel drags lightly on the bed. Bring it up and back down,
10 times on each side. Doing contraction, hold to a count of ten and release of the glute and thigh muscles in a sequence also helps while lying down to move blood and lymph around.
I always flex and relax my feet every night, since most of my PN foot pain comes then.
Perhaps you could ask for a PT referral? I also had some exercises PT supervised that strengthened lateral movements to help with balance.

example:
http://voices.yahoo.com/isometric-ex...s-1918762.html
Thanks for the suggestions I am going to try the isometrics and I think I will ask my Rheumo for PT referral. I also have a question for you. I remember you suggested awhile back using grape seed tablets. At the time I had started the R lipoic acid and wanted to do one thing at a time. I brought the grape seed but never started it. Can you tell me what it is used for I can't remember.
Hopeful
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote