View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Checker

In my case I needed help. I had a series of people come to my aid. My best friend, her mother, and several neighbors. Walking the dog is not something you are going to feel like doing that first week. I had trouble just getting out of bed. Had help in getting into the shower. We all heal, and experience pain differently. Ask your doctor ahead of time for something for spasms, along with the pain killer they will give you at the hospital. Also an incline pillow helps alot. I also found some adultwipes for washing my body that I used for about three days. I was fused C3-7, and was grateful for all the help I got. You may want to ask for volunteer from church, or even the hospital administration for patient advocasy help. There may also be a "womans"center that could give you some advise. Tell your doctor you are alone, ask him if he can suggest something, or an aid worker for a few days at least. Prepare the food you want ahead of time, and have it ready to go, either in ther fridge or feezer. The last think I wanted was to eat actually. Keep up juices, and easy foods to eat. Don't be scared, you will heal, and the pain will diminish. This was my experience. I wish you all the best, and the good outcome I was blessed to receive. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote