View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi pepper,

Welcome to the forum! I have both temporal lobe and frontal lobe sz. and what you are discribing sounds like a possible drop sz. or grand mal (tonic clonic sz.) your son is having. Stress and lack of sleep are the 2 main things that can trigger sz. for a person. Darlene is correct take your son to an Epileptologist and have them do a series of tests on him like a video e.e.g. , MRI, CT scan, SPECT scan, and PET Scan. These tests will show what's going on with good detail, another thing the Dr. should do is admit your son into the hospital while doing the video e.e.g. that way they can get his possible sz. on camera and see what's really going on. Hormones changing, low pressure in the weather and sometimes cell phones can trigger sz. for people also. Get a calendar and start writing down what time of the day/night your son is having any sz. along with a discription of the sz. by doing this the Dr may see a pattern in your sons sz. It's possible that your sons sz. started after the concussion. I had a concussion a few yrs. ago and it made me have more sz. I wish you and your son only the best and May God Bless You Both!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote