View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It seems that the body is undergoing another flare up. First came increased problems with swelling and pain in the ankle, then the eyes went wonky and as of yesterday morning I have the hug as a bed fellow. It kept me up most of the night last night but has finally eased off a bit now.
Ah well...I can stand to loose a couple of pounds, although I don't wish this sort of a weight loss program on anyone.

Before the hug arrived, I was sleeping the best that I have for years (4-5 hours straight) and that change came when I increased the LDN to 4.5 mg. I did try to go back down to 3mg but the ankle, eye and sleep symptoms seemed to get worse; so I am back on 4.5mg and feel better for it.
I don't think that the higher dose is increasing spasticity as some found that it has when they increased it. The hug typically does come on for me if other symptoms are increasing; so I can't really say that its return has much to do with the higher dose of LDN.

Interesting thing is that although these symptoms are present, the severity is considerably less than what has been experienced previously during flares. I am still mobile although I use a walking stick for extra support for the ankle in the mornings when it is at its worst and also if I will be walking any distances.
I attribute the milder severity of symptoms to taking LDN and do blame myself for getting into another flare by coming off of it a while back (just to see if there would be a noticeable change). That two day hiatus of not taking LDN brought on the ankle symptoms again and that seemed to have gotten the 'flare ball' rolling.
Live and learn.

Also of note, my mood is good (humour is intact) and although the body is tired from loss of sleep, coping with symptoms and more recently the hug, cog-fog is not much of an issue .
As I have said before, this is huge for me; as I found that symptom was the most difficult to cope with. Loss of coordination and/or dizziness are not very much of an issue either so far.

All in all I feel quite able to ride this flare out without the need for much intervention; although I have scheduled some massage therapy for the spasms in the back and for the ankle/leg. I am also doing electromagnetic biofeedback therapy (similar to the therapy that Dejibo is doing), to help get the body back into more optimum balance.

The eyes have been giving longer periods of clarity (a couple of hours at a time earlier in the day), but there is still a fair amount of pain so I am doing my best not to strain them too much.

With love, Erika
Erika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (09-20-2012)