View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 12:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown Persistant dental problems....

Hi, I am so frustrated! All my life I have had constant dental problems (cavities, gum problems, enamel erosion, sensitive teeth, etc). For the past 6 years I have tried to nip this in the bud by brushing and flossing after every meal, drinking tons of water, rinsing with ACT, chewing Trident, and just flat out being totally **** about my oral health. Everytime I go to the dentist I hear "Oh you have 5 more cavities, your pockets are a 5 or 6, you need a root canal, crown, fillings, etc....." even after I have been taking stellar care of my teeth. I know people who barely ever brush, eat tons of sweets and soda, never floss and they NEVER have problems. My uncle is almost 80 and takes crappy care of his teeth; guess what....never had a cavity. And now my 6 yr old is having problems...the dentist says he has demineralization even though he only drinks water, eats very well, and I brush his teeth and floss after every meal. Is this hereditary?? I dont have dental ins. so I cant afford to keep getting all this stuff fixed. But I dont know what else to do!!! Anyone else have these problems or have any solutions??
SPACECADET236 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote