View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Concussion,

I know the meaning of 'icing on the cake' personally. My neuro did not use than term. He just said I used up any recovery reserve my brain had. I was 46 years old.

You sound like you are 63 or so. It is a tough time to have a head injury. You have done very well with your career considering your concussion history prior to med school.

Is your primary struggle just intense head aches? Is that what the amitriptyline and Topamax were prescribed for?

It sounds like you would benefit from some intense diagnostics of your neck. Head aches often result from spasms that radiate from the neck. Do you have tender spots behind either ear just above the C-1 to cranium condyle? Have you done any icing of your neck?

Has anybody ever tried to observe you sleeping to see how your breathing is? The trouble sleeping and difficulty getting rest from sleep can be tied to poor oxygenation from poor breathing. There are pulse-ox monitors that can be used at home to track O2 levels. It might be worth a try.

My heart goes out to you as you fight with WC. I was completely denied any benefits .

Regarding your career, Is there a neuro you can work for as an outside consultant to high school athletic departments? Does your state have a brain injury trust fund that may have funds to pay for an experienced professional to help serve the brain injured community? If you can have more control over your time and efforts, you may be able to get back working at some level. Just an idea to think about.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote