View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The open MRI's, with only a 0.6 Tesla will not show any fine injuries. They can image a bit smaller than a BB. The 3 to 6 or higher MRI's can image the fine damage from a concussion if done well. Learning how to tolerate the claustrophobic tunnels can greatly enhance diagnostics.

I have commented before about closing your eyes long before going in the tunnel. Even before the cage is put over your head. Try to think of something besides the MRI. Hold your arms across your chest with each elbow held lightly with the opposite hand. This will prevent your elbows from touching the sides of the tunnel. Get comfortable like this. You may even ask the tech to wrap your arms and body with a soft comfy blanket to create a cuddly feeling.

I am very claustrophobic and have learned these skills to allow me to do may tasks where my claustrophobia would be a problem, I made my living climbing under kitchen and bathroom sinks. I learned how to prevent the anxiety attack when I would get stuck temporarily.

With some practice, the closed in tunnel can be tolerated.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote