View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 05:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

64 now, almost 62 at time of injury.

Career is essentially over, no one will hire someone my age, with dependency on medication for headaches which are chronic, quality of 3-5/10, with sporadic acuity to 10+/10; and no guarantee availability of scheduled work .

No State funded groups like that around this area, 2 universities with training programs for Med Schools that have their Professorial staffings tenured only. And 4 Physician Assistant Schools with their Professorial staffings tenured only.

I am in talks with the PA Schools for possible talks within the programs.

My insomnia is without Oxygen deficits, no Oximetry deficits, no Sleep Apnea. From my Primary Care days, I have quite a few office supplies, kept up to date maintenanced (I worked in the Boondocks, and had some overnight guests at times in the clinic), and they Oximetry has kept well in the 90's thru the night.

The Amitriptylline and, now, Topamax were/are for the Chronic headaches; as the Amitriptylline dosing maxed out, the headaches continued to crescendo especially to the newness at that occipital point of the posterior cranio/nuchal area on the left side, presenting with occipital neuritis symptoms - at which time the diagnosis of Occipital Neuralgia was made by the swelling at that point and the spread of the neuropathic tingling tenderness. They have offered possible injections, but the Topamax has so far quelled the sensations to minimal. The MRI did show Left C2/3 facet Arthopathy, which is something never before reported on previous MRI's from my history.

I use Ice massage regularly on my neck and left neck/occiput when the area has large tender swelling.

As noted, I do not have symptoms of any C5/6 problems from the history and changes noted from the past subluxation, but they like to lock in on it.

I'm essentially in Limbo. I know it. I just woke up from a 6 hour off and on day of napping since I wrote my other post, and here I am. Going off again to try and read a bit.

See you all later. Letting the lawyers dotheir thing, and doing my thing of trying to read what/ when I can, and being with family otherwise.
Concussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote