View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Judi

Yes, I imagin this is the same one my son helped me with. This is what he wrote to me. I don't know PC lingo either, and was definately invaded. If you need help with the interpretation of this, I am told DocJohn is real good on the PC. Yes i did tell chemar and Jo*Mar. Here is what my son wrote "microsoft has confirmed that a bug in the internet Explorer leaves users vuneralble to attackers, and is recommending several temporary fixes. Here's the best one, and one Microsoft declines to suggest. DROP IE and use a different browser altogether.
On Monday, Microsoft issues a security advisory for IE users running all versions from IE6 to IE9, warning of a security but that can allow the takeover of the PC of any user tricked into visiting a website rigged to exploit the flaw. The hack, which was first spotted late last week by security researcher Eric Romang, is already being used to install the poison Ivy Trogan, by some of the same cybercriminal operations that earlier exploited a security flaw in Java, and security firm Rapid 7 estimates that the bug affects 41% of users in North America and 32% world wide.

So this weekend I am getting rid of Internet Explorer, and my son is going to install something else. This happened to me, and I was stuck with a screen that would not get off no matter what I did. I had to do a hard shut down. This was the same one that attempted to do this a month ago, but the information was not released publically until last night on national news.
Wish you all the best. ginnie

Last edited by ginnie; 09-20-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: spelling
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote