View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I saw my PM yesterday and asked him a similar question. I have a foot injury that can take up to 1-1/2 yrs. to heal. My crps has been diagnosed for just under a year. Treatments that I've had do not last very long. I questioned whether the original injury is interfering with my recovery or inability to progress. I asked my PM if I should get my foot fixed with careful anesthesia before, during and after. He told me that if surgery would be required they would send me home the next day with an epidural in place and running at home until my foot had healed. (ugghh). He also referred me to a different foot and ankle surgeon to get a second opinion because my first surgeon said he could not operate on me because he would make the crps worse. The fun continues... (heavy sigh)
On a brighter note, I had a hysterectomy done a number of years ago before I had crps. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. I didn't need my uterus anymore and begged my md to take it out. I told her it was like an unoccupied hotel room that would never be rented out again so what was the point of keeping this problematic organ? I had a morphine block anesthesia that was left in for 24 hrs. I went home the evening after my surgery and only required Advil for pain. Highly recommend the morphine block with general anesthesia. For months, I was thankful for the surgeon on a daily basis. Now, over a decade later, I think weekly of how grateful I am to my gynecologist for doing the hysterectomy for me. (Mine was medically necessary and my gyn told me she knew my life must have been miserable for quite a long time.
reluctant@thetable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vrae (09-20-2012)