View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 02:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi there...these are my own experiences of some differences between the two in case it helps. I had to write fast but hope you figure things out soon

Chronic fatigue was like a bunji jump – once I was down there was no way back up! I could wake at 7 a.m. get up go back to bed at 9.a.m. feeling like the day was over, get up again take another 3 hour nap in the day and then go to bed again at 7 p.m. CF was also accompanied with severe brain fog. I could not start a project or job in the house I was so fatigued. Had the same list of things to do at the end of the year as I had at the beginning. Nothing got done…..Mostly generalized weakness - rest did not help.

Myasthenic weakness on the other hand was more like a roller coaster – up and down up and down- fluctuating weakness both of a diurnal type (Feel great at night and first thing in the morning - but by 4.30 p.m. am not able to lift my arms or hold my body upright at the dinner table) and also fluctuating weakness during a single action where you can not finish the action you started (you start off with normal strength but run out of energy before the action is completed - like not being able to finish brushing the teeth, finish peeling an apple, finish sharpening a pencil, finish your sentence etc) It´s not common to have brain fog with MG. And rest does help ….weakness occurs usually in specific muscle sets and I can pinpoint exactly the sets that are affected with myasthenic weakness whereas previously it was impossible to identify weakness that precisely in chronic fatigue.
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stellatum (09-21-2012)