View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 07:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That's excellent, Anacrusis! Thank you so much. It's so valuable to hear from someone who has experience of both.

In the morning, I'm able to climb the stairs in my house no problem. In the evening, I do pretty well until I get to the last two, and then I stop and rest. Sometimes in the late evening I have a lot of trouble getting to the top and my husband gets that "I feel a jimmy-rig coming on" look on his face and starts mumbling about pulleys and home-made elevators. (At that point, I try to muster every bit of strength I have before he starts getting out the power tools and making holes in things.)

I just want to add for Azriel: MG is an incredibly variable disease. Different people experience it different ways. The things Anacrusis describes are common, but if your experience differs, don't say, "Well, I guess I don't have MG because I don't experience this, or that." I ruled out MG for a long time before I was diagnosed with it because I wasn't having any trouble with my eyes, and because my first symptom was unusual (weakness in my lower back and sides). That's just an example.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (09-21-2012)