View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 02:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Please help with reading this MRI report.

If anyone can help me understand this report I would be eternally grateful I'm new to this board and welcome any help I cn get.

Findings: Vertbral body types are essentially maintained. There is 4 mm of anterolisthesis of L4 relative to L5. L4 pars appear to be intact. Anterior disc osteophyte complexes are most apparent at T11-T12, L1-L2 and L2-L3.

Artifact partially obscures the dorsal elements and spinal canal at T-10 and T-11. There is mild disc bulging versus protrusion at T10-T11 and T11-T12 which exhibits mild mass effect upon the thecal sac. If clinically indicated, dedicated imaging of the thoracic spine may be performed.

L1/2: No axial images are available. There is mild disc bulging with a mass effect upon the thecal sac. No significant subarticular/foraminal stenosis is present.

L2/3: No disc herniation, spinal canal stenosis or significant subarticular/foraminal stenosis is present.

L3/4: There is facet arthopathy and disc bulging contributing to mild central canal stenosis. No significant subarticular/ foraminal stenosis is present.

L4/5 There is uncovering of disc material and bilateral facet arthopathy. Mild central stenosis is present. There is minimal subarticular/foraminal stenosis.

L5/S1: There is a broad-based somewhat bilobed disc extrusion extending from the central zone through the left subarticular/foraminal zone. In the central zone, the disc extrusion extends posteriorly 6 mm and exhibits mild mass effect on the thecal sac. It contributes to moderate left-sided subarticular/foraminal stenosis. No significant right-sided subarticular/ foraminal stenosis is present. There is mild facet arthropathy. The is a mild degree of degenerative type subendplate bone marrow edema at this level.

Visualized portions of the spinal cord are normal in signal intensity. The conus medullaris terminates at L1.

Impession:

Multilevel disc and facet pathology as described above.

I would like to better understand what this information means before I see the Neurologist. Can anyone please help me to understand this report? I would really appreciate any one's help. Will an injection help with the pain? Thank you!

river
river3221 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote