View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 02:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Kate View Post

One thing that has been a CONSTANT, but not really addressed, in my opinion, is the fact that I have had a headache almost EVERY DAY since February. I am taking 500 mg of Naproxen a day, but even tho I can take up to 2 a day for the headache pain, I don't want to do that. Even taking one a day, it does NOT take away the headaches, it just makes them bearable.

I have had 6-7 concussions in my life (I'm now 39), most during my teenage and college years, though my most recent one was 6 yrs ago, from a minor car accident. However, I've not had regular headaches these past six years.... only since this "mystery" illness has started in February.

I'd appreciate any information or suggestions that others may have.

Does anyone know- are daily headaches a part of MS?? Thank you.

Headaches are a common symptoms of MS, but before your freak out they are a common symptom of simple, non-life threatening things also.

Concussions can be related to headaches from damage or inflammation, even at long latency from the initial injury.

Why does your neurologist think it is MS? As a temporary measure, try some of the capsacin creams (boswellian from Swanson) on your head, temples and behind the ears where the cranial nerves are near the surface. It takes a little while for it to work, but my (undiagnosed cause, 4 yr long) headaches are substantially lessened by this. It is also not likely to do you any harm.

If you are taking that many NSAIDS for that long, you could also have rebound headaches or medication induced headaches.
mg11354 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote