View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 07:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

To TOSMother: I didn't want to hijack Jill's thread so I'm posting a reply to you here - I'm guessing you're keeping up with this thread. I did not do chiropracty, for a few reasons - 1) no chiros in my area had experience with TOS, 2) most of them were extremely wary of practicing on a person with cervical ribs, and 3) I have some disc issues in my neck and was cautioned against it by my cervical DO.
If I had had the opportunity to see a chiro with extensive TOS & cervical rib experience, I still probably would have tried it, but in my case there would not have been a chance it could be a permanent fix; I already had so much adhesion and scar tissue built up that had to be removed (something that, of course, cannot be known prior to surgery). Since your daughter is so young, she may not have that problem. I'm sorry I can't give you any insight into how much pain might be involved initially in chiro treatment. You should start a new thread and ask for input; I'm sure there are members who can. My heart goes out to your daughter; I know how frustrated she must be.

To Romans8: When are you having your appointment? I'm crossing my fingers that yours goes as well as mine did!
LosingHope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote