View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 08:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi all. It's been awhile since I've posted here.
I am still on hydrocodone and tizanidine.
Usually if I take the hydrocodone I find that it may take some of the edge off. But other times I am climbing the walls.
I'm concerned about side effects. For one thing I feel lightheaded and usually at nights I break out into severe sweats.
But one thing I've noticed is weight gain. I've always had weight issues but if I put my mind to it I usually lost the weight. I have been pushing myself to go to the gym doing the treadmill anywere from 10 to 30 minutes. I do some weights to work on my shoulder problems and I do the sauna which helps the arrthritis and is good for metabolism etc.
But nothing. the weight is not changing. I usually have eggs and a piece of bread in the morning and usually some type of chicken lunch & dinner.
I am not going to lie and say I never cheat but that is a rarity.
In looking up the side effects of hydrocodone I found something about weight gain. Any one have issues with this as well.

Also side effects of the medication indicates mood changes; anxiety. I found I am cutting myself off frome everyone. More short tempered. And I am thinking the medication is contributing to this.

I spoke to a pain management doctor that I know today for guidance. He deals with pain but for cancer patients. He is referring me to someone that deals with pain for spine issues. Yet he gave me a general understanding of pain and medication. His thought was about possibility of my using the "morphine Pump" But that will be up to the doctor he is referring me to.

I am so worried about being able to control the pain but I have severe nerve damage and peripheral neuropathy and I feel things are getting worse.

While the meds may control the symptomss it scares me that more and more damage is being done. And if there is more damage and its progressive then what am I supposed to do?

Any thoughts on the morphine pump? Any thoughts on the fact that the symptoms are progressing?

I just dont know what to do any more.

Thanks for listening.
pebblebeach2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote