View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 09:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face Newbie with ATN, hey

Hi there, my name is Mel and im 25. Been suffering from atypical trigeminal neuralgia for aboutttt...8 years now, i was only officially diagnosed 6 months ago.

Many times during this years i have felt my pain might go, or i was positive of cures and such. Recently i have come to the realisation finally that this will likely affect me my whole life...others just dont understand and feel i am being negative. I am new here and just want to speak to others who know how i feel. I have almost constant aching and pressure in my upper and lower jaw, makes me want to rip my teeth out, also severe migraines, i also get shooting pains at random times in the affected areas..there are no triggers...its just there whenever it wants to torment me. I was told since i was a teen it was my teeth that were bad and have had much dental work (all upper teeth on the right side have nerves removed) but things only got worse, then i thought maybe i was mad..im just recovering from a caldwell luc and FESS surgery to remove a huge cyst that was found in my maxillary sinus on the same side of the pain, they found large areas of bone missing too .
I always remember describing my pain as..'i just feel like my face is dieing' to which many doctors sort of scoffed. Apologies for the whining, ive never joined a forum before and today has been a hard day. I hope all people here who are unwell and those joining can find support in one another, peace

p.s The above is a random-ish summary of the ATN, i have no idea how this forum thing works, i'd love to chat to others with similar issues and figure this is how i start *shrug*
Mangamel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote