View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi jacatone,

FYI... I am in the dental field...

The cost to have a dental implant placed in the jawbone is pretty much the same throughout the US. The surgery itself may or may not be complicated depending on the individual case. The crown portion has several pieces that fit together like a puzzle. Therefore, there is more chair time involved for both the dentist and patient and the lab cost of these crowns is much higher than a routine crown.

I always urge people to think twice before getting "cheap" dental work because the way the costs get cut is by utilizing inferior materials and inferior dental labs. In doing so, the profit margin is still where they want it to be.

I agree, the cost of dental treatment is very high. It's a bit crazy to think that most people cannot easily afford to have dental work done without some financial sacrifice.

Sometimes a dental office will offer a cash discount... perhaps you could find someone who is willing to do that.

Good Luck!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacatone View Post
Need to get a tooth replaced with an implant. I don't understand why dentists don't go out of business with the ridiculous prices they're asking. Anyone know of a dentist who doesn't charge a fortune in the Los Angeles area? Thanks.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote