View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 12:52 AM
artist

artist

YAY!!

OK, panic over, my bathroom is now officially a frog-free zone. Towel didn't work, just because although I manouevred it using a feather duster, it woudn't go anywhere where I could scoop it with elbow room enough to avoid hurting it.

Eventually it stretched itself out (boy, those back legs are twice as long as it's body) and climbed onto the flat wall tiles, so I got a big see-through bowl, gently covered it and the frog obligingly climbed in. Then I slid a big mat over the top and carried it out. My frog-fighting equipment

Video would have been hysterical, with a great script, as in "Eeeewww!!! Oh f88k! EEEuuuuurch!!" "Now what???"...

So, here's what I learned about frogs in the past 24 hours. They produce quite substantial poos. Knew you were holding your breath for that nugget of info Who'd have guessed it??

We've had gusty storms here, so it must have been blown onto my balcony from the nearby stand of big trees (I'm on the third floor...). I'm guessing.

So...for those who don't like spiders, last week I put on my waterproof boots which live on the balcony, only to find zillions of small spiders running up my (bare) leg - I found loads of white eggs in the treaded sole. Shudder...It's Spring here, and much as I love this wild island, sometimes the wildlife can be a bit more than you'd ideally like, ya know?

Thanks everyone, pheeeewww,
all the best!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote