View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 06:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Personally, I do not do well on meat. I have never consumed large amounts in my lifetime...did eat 2 homegrown beef burgers one time at my brothers farm in Ohio after working in the hayfield all day and they didn't have vegies (just burgers/ chips/ desert)
So I ate 2 and shocked everyone...next day felt lousy too (but I didn't starve at least)
(BY The way...off topic, my brother is being sent home from the hospital & put on hospice ..he has PD and only 1/4th of his heart is working now,, even after open heart surgery /valve repair/ pace maker, etc..he is 5 years older than me..he has been a big meat, milk, junk food eater)Pray for Larry and his family.
Back to topic....I also have cancer, that stays shrunk and doesn't bother me by taking Essiac Tea since 1996. I have had a couple of bouts of tumors growing fast and it was not very pleasant and determined that it was because I had eaten out and got meat that was fed hormones. After the last time in around 2004...I decided to just eat deer meat, fish, and organic eggs. If I eat deer meat too often or more than a very small portion...I don't feel good (even got gout from it a few months ago when we were given a large piece of deer and ate off it twice a day for a few days instead of freezing some. I usually don;t eat anything but whole grain muffins (usually gluten-free) fruits, and vegies..and .lots of beans, of course.
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote